Device Configuration Staff Engineer
Citizen / PR (should not require any immigration services)
At RapidSilicon, we focus on bringing creativity to FPGA design by combining open-source FPGA methodology with proprietary technologies that enable a faster design-to-silicon turnaround. Our employees work on innovative AI-enhanced EDA tools to provide the most optimized design result that satisfies the needs in general-purpose or domain-specific applications.
To view our job listings, please visit our Careers page at rapidsilicon.com/careers/
- As a Device Configuration Staff Engineer, you will be working closely with Marketing and HW designers in architecting and developing Device Configuration solutions including host application tool for JTAG programming and flash programming.
- Solve complicated software problems while working on the interface between the EDA software and the FPGA hardware. Write software models, write code to automate modeling processes, and debug issues between the hardware design and the software support.
- You will also need to have strong interest in working with board and equipment to perform feature verification and trouble shooting.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 10+ years experience developing complex software projects
- Smart, motivated, interested on working both hardware and software
- Strong proficiency in software data structures and algorithms, debugging, and object-oriented programming, preferably in C++
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl, TCL and Python
- Strong proficiency in analyzing, debugging, and solving complex software problems
- Knowledge of data communication interfaces and protocols (UART, USB, I2C, SPI, JTAG, PCIe, tcp/ip, etc.), JTAG server.
- Familiarity with logic design, semiconductors, and FPGA is a plus
- Experience in EDA, RTL (Verilog & VHDL) and Digital Circuit Design is preferred
- Possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and often intense project environment
- Self driven and requirement minimal supervision in driving projects
- Experience with open-source project development
- Experience with GIT