Sr. Staff Engineer, Physical Verification
Citizen / PR (should not require any immigration services)
At RapidSilicon, we focus on bringing creativity to FPGA design by combining open-source FPGA methodology with proprietary technologies that enable a faster design-to-silicon turnaround. Our employees work on innovative AI-enhanced EDA tools to provide the most optimized design result that satisfies the needs in general-purpose or domain-specific applications.
To view our job listings, please visit our Careers page at rapidsilicon.com/careers/
Key Responsibilities for this position include but not limited to:
- Take the leadership role of developing and supporting block and full chip automated physical verification flows and scripts
- Perform block and full-chip physical verification and work with the physical design team to close design issues
- Work with the PD team to clean up all DRC/LVS/ESD/ERC/ANT violations and sign off PV for tapeouts
- Work closely with semiconductor foundries on installation, and maintenance of process design kits (PDKs) for SOC physical design teams
- Design custom circuits for some analog and/or high-speed circuits
- Master with at least 6 years or Bachelor with at least 8 years design experience in the structural/physical design domain
- Have multiple tape-out experience in deep submicron, preferably experience in 14nm and below
- Experience working with block or full chip physical verification and/or owning Physical Verification CAD flow development and support
- Experience in relevant VLSI structural/physical design methodology, flows and relevant EDA tools will be an advantage
- Previous experience as a key technical leading role in development and delivery of leading edge physical databases for ASICs, SoCs or IPs will be an advantage
- Experienced in industry RTL to GDSII tools: Design Compiler, IC Compiler II, Fusion Compiler, PrimeTime, etc
- Hands-on expertise with scripting languages such as Perl, TCL, and knowledge of hardware description languages of VHDL & Verilog.
- Possess strong initiative, analytical/problem solving skills, team working skills, ability to multitask and be able to work within a diverse team environment.