Sr. Staff, STA Engineer
At RapidSilicon, we focus on bringing creativity to FPGA design by combining open-source FPGA methodology with proprietary technologies that enable a faster design-to-silicon turnaround. Our employees work on innovative AI-enhanced EDA tools to provide the most optimized design result that satisfies the needs in general-purpose or domain-specific applications.
To view our job listings, please visit our Careers page at rapidsilicon.com/careers/
As a senior timing engineer, you need:
- Set up the timing constraints, and help to define the overall static timing analysis methodology
- Set up the static timing analysis infrastructure and sign-off convergence flows.
- Drive IP and full-chip level timing closure for SoC/FPGA projects.
- Drive solutions for critical timing paths by collaborating with backend, logic, floorplan, and other relevant owners.
- Build timing and power models for our software team.
- Provide technical leadership and collaborate across teams to come up with the best solution possible with a One Microsoft mindset.
- Apply your growth mindset to learn and adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Candidate must have at least a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 8+ years of experience.
- Solid experience with EDA tools such as Static Timing Analysis, Noise Glitch analysis, and interconnect extraction.
- Have done at least 3 successful tapeouts.
- Experience in managing timing constraints, exceptions, IP constraint promotion, etc.
- Solid experience in transistor and gate-level static timing and noise analysis
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Tcl, Perl, Python.
- Independent, Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, and good team player.